GLOBAL CONNECTIVITY YOU CAN CARRY WITH YOU – WHEREVER YOU GO!
ThinKom’s flat plate, man-portable terminals and antennas offer light weight, convenient transportation and set-up, and very cost effective options for your man-portable requirements.
Next Generation Ultra-Portable Manpack Terminal Provides Commercial and Government Users Broadband Ka-Band Connectivity ThinKom’s ultra-portable, antenna provides high throughput (up to 20 Mbps Downlink at 13 dB/K G/T and 16 Mbps Uplink at 49 dBW EIRP) and highly efficient use of transponder bandwidth (1-2 bits/Hz). The small form factor terminal can be carried in a ruck sack or can be stowed in an aircraft overhead bin and weighs less than 27 lbs.
There is no assembly required and the antenna is fast and easy to align and stabilize.
The broadband terminal supports worldwide commercial and government Ka-Band networks and is upgradeable to universal Ka/L (Inmarsat GX®).
General Information (Antenna)
Transmit Band: 28.1-31.0 GHz
Receive Band: 18.7-21.2 GHz
G/T: 13 dB/K (20.2 GHz)
EIRP: 49 dBW (30 GHz, 12W BUC)
Transmit Power Spectral Density: 32 dBW/40 KHz (per 47 CFR 25.138)
Geo-Plane Beamwidth (Tx): 1.7° Az x 2.2° El
Geo-Plane Patterns (Typ): First Sidelobe -27 dB
Polarization: Switchable Circular (Orthogonal-Pol)
Axial Ratio: < 2.0 dB typical
Tx/Rx Isolation: > 80 dB
Case Size: 21” x 16” x 8” (including roller wheels and telescoping handle)
Operational Temperature: -40°F to +140°F (-40°C to +60°C)
Environmental Compatibility: MIL-STD-810G
(60cm parabolic dish equivalent… and better!)
Data Rates (Forward Link/Receive): up to 20 Mbps
Data Rates (Return Link/Transmit): up to 16 Mbps
Advantages and Benefits
(relative to 60cm parabolic dish)
• No assembly required (fast, easy to align and stabilize)
• 50% less sensitive to pointing/alignment errors
• 65% smaller aperture area
• 80% less susceptible to wind-loading
• 50% lower profile in deployed condition
• Integrated transmitter/receiver (compact, no cables)
• Worldwide commercial and government Ka-Band coverage
• Polarization diverse (switchable LHCP/RHCP, orthogonal Tx/Rx)
• Upgradeable to universal Ka/L (Inmarsat GX®)
• Ruck sack and airline overhead bin compatible.
• Ultra-light-weight (< 27 lbs)
• Supports 3x higher return data rates